Adaptive Voltage Control in Power Systems: Modelling, Design by Giuseppe Fusco
By Giuseppe Fusco
Adaptive Voltage keep an eye on in strength platforms, a self-contained mixture of idea and novel program, bargains in-depth remedy of such adaptive keep watch over schemes. assurance strikes from power-system-modelling difficulties via illustrations of the most adaptive keep an eye on platforms, together with self-tuning, model-reference and nonlinearities reimbursement to an in depth description of layout tools: Kalman filtering, parameter-identification algorithms and discrete-time controller layout are all represented. Case reviews deal with purposes concerns within the implementation of adaptive voltage keep an eye on.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Voltage Control in Power Systems: Modelling, Design and Applications (Advances in Industrial Control) PDF
Best control systems books
Power alternate is an incredible origin of the dynamics of actual platforms, and, consequently, within the research of advanced multi-domain platforms, methodologies that explicitly describe the topology of strength exchanges are instrumental in structuring the modeling and the computation of the system's dynamics and its keep watch over.
In an period of extensive festival the place plant working efficiencies has to be maximized, downtime as a result of equipment failure has develop into extra high priced. to chop working charges and raise sales, industries have an pressing have to are expecting fault development and last lifespan of commercial machines, strategies, and platforms.
That includes a model-based method of fault detection and analysis in engineering structures, this ebook includes updated, useful details on combating product deterioration, functionality degradation and significant equipment harm. ;College or college bookstores may possibly order 5 or extra copies at a distinct pupil fee.
- Feedback Control for Computer Systems: Introducing Control Theory to Enterprise Programmers
- Embedded Control System Design: A Model Based Approach
- Three Decades of Mathematical System Theory: A Collection of Surveys at the Occasion of the 50th Birthday of Jan C. Willems
- Nuclear Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems for Safety and Security
Additional resources for Adaptive Voltage Control in Power Systems: Modelling, Design and Applications (Advances in Industrial Control)
9) The updating law of the covariance matrix is given by 1 Inp − m(tc,k ) φT (tc,k ) P(tc,k−1 ) λ is the np -dimensional identity matrix. 10) all elements of matrix P are scaled by the same amount. If one wishes to target the eﬀect upon selected parameters it is possible to scale only the diagonal of P. Furthermore, it is useful to point out that in order to get smooth parameters estimation a minimum forgetting factor λmin has to be speciﬁed. If one wishes to keep the estimator more sensitive to the power system changes at the steady-state operating point a maximum forgetting factor λmax can be used, that is 0 < λmin ≤ λ ≤ λmax ≤ 1 However the use of a forgetting factor can cause the phenomenon known as estimator wind-up.
5) yields ˆ (tf,k−1 ) + kk hT ˆ (tf,k−1 ) + kk . 2 Kalman Filtering 31 D c1 (tf,k ) F B . 1(tf,k) hk ω tf,k h0 O A G Fig. 1. Graphical representation of the state-space model Rk = E ˆ (tf,k−1 ) − kk . (tf,k ) I2nh − kk hT x(tf,k ) − x k T ˆ (tf,k−1 ) − kk . 8) where I2nh is the 2nh -dimensional identity matrix. 9) Rk hk + Q. 12) where Fk ≡ I2nh − kk hT k. 3 Convergence and Stability Properties First of all, it is necessary to derive the conditions that guarantee stable asymptotic behavior of error covariance matrix Rk , that is an upper-bounded sequence of Rk .
The major points in favor of the pole-assignment technique are that it provides a robust regulator against modeling errors and can cope with nonminimum phase systems [2, 12]. 2 Indirect Self-tuning Voltage Regulator Design 43 The ﬁrst step in pole-assignment design is to decide the location of closedloop poles. On this point, it is always useful to keep in mind that the control eﬀort required is related to how far the open-loop poles are moved by the feedback. Large control eﬀort is required if the feedback moves a pole near a zero.