Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater: Mechanism, Analysis, by Satinder Ahuja
By Satinder Ahuja
Presents a achievable reference, describing the state-of-knowledge on resources of arsenic illness in flooring water, which impacts approximately a hundred million humans all over the world. With contributions from world-renowned specialists within the box, this publication explores advancements within the shipping kinetics, detection, size, seasonal biking, accumulation, geochemistry, elimination, and toxicology of arsenic. comprises compelling case reports describing how arsenic illness happens and the devastating results at the humans and atmosphere stricken by it.
Read Online or Download Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater: Mechanism, Analysis, and Remediation PDF
Similar analytic books
This can be the 1st publication to add interfacial nanochemistry of liquid/liquid interfaces, that's a brand new boundary box among analytical chemistry, colloid and floor chemistry, electrochemistry, laser spectroscopy, separation engineering, and interfacial natural synthesis. The liquid/liquid interface is a truly normal topic of curiosity either to natural and business chemists, specially these engaged in examine on solvent extraction of steel ion and natural compounds, interfacial synthesis, and micro-scale research.
This can be the 1st booklet to target the most recent advancements in hyphenated recommendations utilizing supercritical fluids. the benefits of SFC in hyphenation with quite a few detection modes, akin to FTIR, MS, MPD and ICP and others are sincerely featured during the publication. distinctive cognizance is paid to coupling of SFE with GC or SFC.
As protein technological know-how keeps to develop into an more and more vital element of educational and advertisement sciences and expertise, the necessity has arisen for a prepared resource of laboratory protocols for the research and assessment of those organic polymers. equipment for Protein research offers the tools such a lot suitable to the generalist bench scientist operating with proteins.
Die Reihe Chemie Basiswissen stellt den gesamten Wissensstoff für das Bachelorstudium Chemie dar. Studenten mit Chemie im Nebenfach und Studierende des höheren Lehramtes dient sie zur Examensvorbereitung. Der Band II, Organische Chemie, präsentiert den Stoff dieses Gebietes in kurzer und übersichtlicher shape.
- Silane Coupling Agents
- Supercritical Fluid Extraction: Principles and Practice (Journalism Media Manual)
- Infrared Spectroscopy: Fundamentals and Applications (Analytical Techniques in the Sciences (AnTs) *)
- Separation Processes in the Food and Biotechnology Industries: Principles and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- Reversed Phase Chromatography
- Chemometric Methods in Capillary Electrophoresis
Additional info for Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater: Mechanism, Analysis, and Remediation
Cus-indica is a better ﬂocculant than aluminum sulfate in all three of its extracted forms (GE, NE, and CE) and could be used by low-income Latin American communities for settling suspended solids in turbid drinking water–storage containers. The use of mucilage is also appropriate for removal of total arsenic in contaminated drinking water and owes its ﬂocculation abilities to its chemical structure, consisting of C–O functionality. Further investigation is required to review the mucilage-selective removal of arsenic based on speciation as well as the feasibility of implementing this technology in a distributable or easy-to-assemble ﬁlter form for small-scale household removal.
Three innovative adsorptive media that have the potential to reduce the costs of arsenic removal from drinking water were selected. The arsenic removal performance of these different adsorptive media under constant ambient ﬂow conditions was compared using a combination of static (batch) and dynamic ﬂow tests. These included batch sorption isotherm and kinetic sorption studies, rapid small-scale column tests (RSSCTs), and a pilot test at a domestic water supply well. The media studied included a granular ferric oxyhyroxide (E33), a granular titanium oxyhydroxide (MetSorb), and an ion-exchange resin impregnated with iron oxide nanoparticles (ArsenX).
8. S. H. Frisbie. et al. Environ. , 2002, 110:1147. 9. BGS/DPHE (British geological survey/Department of Public Health Engineering, Bangladesh). Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater in Bangladesh, vol. 1, Summary. D. G. Kinniburgh and P. L. Smedley, Eds. British Geological Survey Report WC/00/19. pdf. 10. M. Bissen and F. Frimmel. Arsenic—a review: I. Occurrence, toxicity, speciation, mobility. Acta Hydrochim. , 2003, 31:9–18. REFERENCES 21 11. M. Bissen and F. Frimmel. Arsenic—a review. II. Oxidation of arsenic and its removal in water treatment.