Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8: From Novice to Professional by W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat
By W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat
Starting Hypertext Preprocessor and PostgreSQL eight delves into one of the most renowned open resource internet improvement applied sciences, the PostgreSQL eight database server and personal home page five scripting language. you will discover ways to make the most of those middle applied sciences through the use of them in unison to create dynamic, data-driven internet functions. this is often an excellent learn while you are an online clothier, programmer, hobbyist, or beginner who desires to create functions with Hypertext Preprocessor five and PostgreSQL eight.
Read or Download Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8: From Novice to Professional PDF
Best web programming books
The ebook presents lots of enjoyable instance code and screenshots to steer you thru the production of examples to aid with studying. via taking a chapter-by-chapter examine every one significant element of the Ext JS framework, the e-book allows you to digest the to be had positive aspects in small, simply comprehensible chunks, permitting you to begin utilizing the library in your improvement wishes instantly.
Flex is the most important and flexible know-how for developing internet program front-ends. yet what each stable internet program wishes is a sturdy information resource, be it XML, or a database. Flex is especially adaptable by way of connecting to facts assets, and that's the major concentration of this publication. In starting place Flex for builders, writer Sas Jacobs assumes that you have got the fundamentals of Flex down already, and explores intimately find out how to create expert data-centric Flex 2 and Flex three purposes.
With firms and contributors more and more depending on the internet, the necessity for powerfuble, well-trained net builders and maintainers is turning out to be. assisting readers grasp internet improvement, Dynamic internet Programming and HTML5 covers particular net programming languages, APIs, and coding innovations and gives an in-depth realizing of the underlying techniques, idea, and ideas.
Starting HTML5 Media, moment version is a entire creation to HTML5 video and audio. The HTML5 video general permits browsers to aid audio and video components natively. This makes it really easy for net builders to post audio and video, integrating either in the basic presentation of websites.
- Getting Started with the Internet of Things: Connecting Sensors and Microcontrollers to the Cloud (Make: Projects)
- Elgg 1.8 Social Networking (Open Source: Community Experience Distilled)
- Zend PHP 5 Certification Study Guide: a php[architect] guide
- PHP by Example, Edition: illustrated edition
- Accessible XHTML and CSS Web Sites: Problem - Design - Solution (Wrox Problem--Design--Solution)
Additional info for Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8: From Novice to Professional
0. • Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) library: The Perl language has long been heralded as the reigning royalty of the string parsing kingdom. 0). Chapter 9 introduces this important feature in great detail, and offers a general introduction to the often confusing regular expression syntax. In addition to these features, literally hundreds of functions were added to version 4, greatly enhancing the language’s capabilities. Throughout the course of this book, much of this functionality is discussed, as it remains equally important in the version 5 release.
This file sets various nonstandard settings and is intended to better secure and optimize your installation, although this configuration may not be fully compatible with some of the legacy applications. ini-dist is recommended. 14. If you’re using Windows NT, 2000, or XP, navigate to Start ➤ Settings ➤ Control Panel ➤ Administrative Tools ➤ Services. fm Page 16 Friday, August 19, 2005 10:02 AM 16 CHAPTER 2 ■ INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING APACHE AND PHP 15. Locate Apache in the list, and make sure that it is started.
Jason. In addition, you can designate multiple extensions simply by including them all on the line, each separated by a space. html extension, keep in mind that doing so will ultimately cause the file to be passed to PHP for parsing every single time an HTML file is requested. Some people may consider this convenient, but it comes at the cost of a performance decrease. Installing Apache and PHP on Windows Whereas previous Windows-based versions of Apache weren’t optimized for the Windows platform, the Win32 version of Apache 2 was completely rewritten to take advantage of Windows platform-specific features.