Beginning PL/SQL: From Novice to Professional by Donald Bales
By Donald Bales
Get began with PL/SQL, the integrated language that each Oracle developer and database administrator needs to comprehend, in starting PL/SQL , a fast paced and example-filled educational. research from writer Don Bales vast adventure to find the main wide-spread features of PL/SQL with no losing time with imprecise and out of date positive aspects.
Author Don Bales takes his 20+ years of expertise and a wealth of records he is amassed on PL/SQL utilization over these years and applies the 80/20 rule &emdash; disguise whats so much wanted and utilized by PL/SQL execs and stay away from whats now not precious! the result's a ebook that covers the entire key positive factors of PL/SQL with out squandering precious time discussing esoteric and out of date elements of the language. study what particularly concerns, for you to get to paintings feeling convinced with what you recognize approximately PL/SQL.
- Discover the 20% of PL/SQL that offers you eighty% of the bangkey issues lined contain variables and datatypes, executing statements, operating with cursors, real-world gadgets, debugging, trying out, and more.
- Learn how you can write production-level, object-oriented PL/SQLyoull discover relational PL/SQL, yet not like such a lot different books at the topic, Don Bales emphasizes using PL/SQLs object-oriented gains as well.
- Work via actual examples of utilizing of PL/SQLyoull research PL/SQL through making use of it to real-world enterprise difficulties, now not via heavy theory.
What youll learn
- How vital SQL is in PL/SQL
- How to exploit PL/SQL in either a relational and object-relational setting
- How to create maintainable, modular, and reusable PL/SQL application units
- The significance of trying out as you pass, and of creating an everlasting attempt plan for every module
- The significance of establishing debugging services into your code and construction an enduring debug facility for every module
- The significance of documenting as you cross, and within the approach development an everlasting documentation set in your reusable modules
- How to use modular PL/SQL to resolve real-world problems
Who is that this ebook for?
Anyone who desires to how to create saved systems opposed to an Oracle database utilizing PL/SQL. Programmers constructing purposes to be deployed opposed to an Oracle database will desire PL/SQL to take complete good thing about the ability Oracle has to supply. Database directors who desire to enforce performance uncovered basically through PL/SQL package deal interfaces also will locate this e-book useful.
About the Apress starting Series
The starting sequence from Apress is the suitable option to get the data you must land that the most important entry-level activity. those books will train you a typical and critical know-how from the floor up simply because they're explicitly designed to take you from ''novice to professional.'' Youll begin your trip through seeing what you want to knowbut with out useless thought and filler. Youll construct your ability set via studying the right way to prepare real-world initiatives step-by-step. So no matter if your objective is your subsequent profession problem or a brand new studying chance, the start sequence from Apress will take you thereit is your relied on consultant via unusual territory!
Read Online or Download Beginning PL/SQL: From Novice to Professional PDF
Similar oracle books
За последние 10 лет книга Oracle PL/SQL Programming издательства O'Reilly's стала бестселлером среди книг по PL/SQL, процедурному языку базы данных Oracle. Снабженная примерами и полезными рекомендациями книнга является незаменимой как новичкам, так и гуру, как разработчикам на Oracle types, так и администраторам - используйте PL/SQL на полную мощь.
Grasp Oracle Streams 11g Replication let real-time details entry and knowledge sharing throughout your dispensed framework utilizing the specialist info during this Oracle Press advisor. Oracle Streams 11g info Replication explains tips on how to organize and administer a unified company facts sharing infrastructure.
Oracle software exhibit four Recipes offers an example-based method of studying program exhibit - the ground-breaking, speedy software improvement platform incorporated with each Oracle Database license. The recipes structure is perfect for the quick-study who simply desires an outstanding instance or to kick begin their considering and get pointed within the correct path.
- Oracle 10g Data Warehousing
- Oracle Inequalities in Empirical Risk Minimization and Sparse Recovery Problems: École d'Été de Probabilités de Saint-Flour XXXVIII-2008
- Information-Statistical Data Mining: Warehouse Integration with Examples of Oracle Basics (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Oracle Database 10g OCP Certification All-In-One Exam Guide (Oracle Press)
Extra resources for Beginning PL/SQL: From Novice to Professional
Fm Page 32 Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:47 AM 32 CHAPTER 1 ■ GEN ESIS After I execute these two scripts, I can query WORKER_TYPE_T and get results like this: SQL> SQL> SQL> 2 3 ID -1 2 3 column code format a4; column description format a11; select * from WORKER_TYPE_T order by code; CODE ---C E U DESCRIPTION ACTIVE_DATE INACTIVE_DATE ----------- ---------------- ---------------Contractor 20070111 181451 Employee 20070111 181451 Unknown 20070111 181451 HEY! WHAT’S WITH THIS _T SUFFIX ON THE TABLE NAME?
An ID value is a compact value that can then be stored in the content table to reference the much larger code and description values. This improves performance. • Storing the sequence-generated ID of a code table in a content table will allow you to later change the code or description values for a particular code without needing to do so in the content table. This improves application maintenance. • Storing the sequence-generated ID of a code table in a content table will also allow you to later change the code or description for a code on the fly for an internationalized application.
Ukc 1 2 3 4 5 6 ALTER TABLE author ADD CONSTRAINT author_uk1 UNIQUE ( name, birth_date, gender ); Primary Key Constraint A primary key constraint (PKC) is a rule against one or more columns of a table that requires their combination of values to be unique for a row within the table. Hey, that’s just like a unique key! One big difference is that the unique key called the primary key is acknowledged to be the primary key, or primary index, of the table. Semantics, right? No, not really, as you’ll see when I talk about foreign keys in the next section.