Building Online Communities With Drupal, phpBB, and by Robert T. Douglass, Mike Little, Jared W. Smith
By Robert T. Douglass, Mike Little, Jared W. Smith
* content material administration, running a blog, and on-line boards are one of the most vital on-line developments at the present time, and Drupal, phpBB, and WordPress are 3 of the most well-liked open resource functions facilitating those initiatives.
* The authors have performed lively roles in venture improvement and neighborhood help (Mike Little is de facto a WordPress undertaking co-founder).
* Drupal, phpBB, and WordPress are according to the Hypertext Preprocessor language and MySQL database server, making sure the widest attainable viewers.
Read Online or Download Building Online Communities With Drupal, phpBB, and WordPress PDF
Best web programming books
The ebook presents lots of enjoyable instance code and screenshots to lead you thru the construction of examples to aid with studying. via taking a chapter-by-chapter examine each one significant element of the Ext JS framework, the e-book enables you to digest the on hand positive factors in small, simply comprehensible chunks, permitting you to begin utilizing the library on your improvement wishes instantly.
Flex is the most important and flexible know-how for growing net software front-ends. yet what each reliable net software wishes is a sturdy information resource, be it XML, or a database. Flex is particularly adaptable by way of connecting to information assets, and that's the major concentration of this e-book. In starting place Flex for builders, writer Sas Jacobs assumes that you have got the fundamentals of Flex down already, and explores intimately the right way to create specialist data-centric Flex 2 and Flex three functions.
With organisations and contributors more and more depending on the net, the necessity for useful, well-trained net builders and maintainers is growing to be. supporting readers grasp internet improvement, Dynamic internet Programming and HTML5 covers particular net programming languages, APIs, and coding concepts and offers an in-depth realizing of the underlying strategies, concept, and ideas.
Starting HTML5 Media, moment version is a entire creation to HTML5 video and audio. The HTML5 video commonplace permits browsers to aid audio and video components natively. This makes it really easy for net builders to put up audio and video, integrating either in the common presentation of websites.
- Beginning CakePHP: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Web Development)
- HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies
- Selenium Essentials
- Learn CSS in One Day and Learn It Well (Includes HTML5): CSS for Beginners with Hands-on Project. The only book you need to start coding in CSS ... Coding Fast with Hands-On Project) (Volume 2)
- Adapting to Web Standards: CSS and Ajax for Big Sites
- Laravel Application Development Blueprints
Extra resources for Building Online Communities With Drupal, phpBB, and WordPress
If you visit the front page now, it will show the page that you made. Touring Drupal’s Features This section will guide you through some of Drupal’s features, just to get your feet wet. All of these items will be revisited and discussed in detail in the following chapters. Introducing Themes Drupal takes great care to keep the elements of content and its presentation of a site separate. This allows you to come up with multiple designs for the same content. These designs are called themes. Each theme can consist of one or more files that work together to present the content of your site in a unique way.
The content types that come with the core Drupal download include pages, stories, books, polls, forum posts, and blogs. While each of the content types is different from the others in some way, they all share certain characteristics. They all have a title, an author, and a creation date, and they can track revisions. They also share certain features: they can have comments, categories, file uploads as attachments, and more. In fact, all of the content types in Drupal can have these and other services.
The strategy of handling all content first as a generalized node, and then as a specific content type is extremely powerful and helps programmers extend Drupal with surprisingly little effort. The abstract handling of nodes is one of the features that make Drupal a stellar platform for building all sorts of web applications. Introducing Comments One of the services that Drupal extends to all content (node) types is the option of enabling comments. Comments give visitors to your site the chance to participate in the dialogue started by the original post in the form of comments that are typically displayed below the post itself.