Guide to Wireless Mesh Networks by Jungfang Wang, Bin Xie, Dharma P. Agrawal (auth.), Sudip
By Jungfang Wang, Bin Xie, Dharma P. Agrawal (auth.), Sudip Misra, Subhas Chandra Misra, Isaac Woungang (eds.)
Wireless communique applied sciences proceed to endure fast development. The acceptance of instant Mesh Networks (WMN)s, commonly, should be attributed to their features: the facility to dynamically self-organize and self-configure, coupled having the ability to retain mesh connectivity, leads in impression to low set-up/installation expenses, less complicated upkeep projects, and repair insurance with excessive reliability and fault-tolerance. for this reason, WMNs have came across many helpful purposes in a wide diversity of domains.
WMNs signify a key know-how for destiny iteration instant networks, and this broad-ranging and complete guidebook offers new rules and effects from learn to handle the demanding situations forward. This special source describes the entire basic key themes and covers either the real center and really good matters within the box. each one bankruptcy is written through topical region specialists, with the 1st chapters dedicated to the fundamentals of WMNs and next ones facing many of the extra professional issues, reminiscent of the WiMAX metro zone mesh networks and the symbiosis of cognitive radio with WMNs.
• offers an available, accomplished evaluation of the cutting-edge know-how of instant Mesh Networks
• contains reader-friendly discussions for practitioners, instructions for destiny examine, worthwhile lists of phrases and definitions, and precis questions inside every one bankruptcy
• bargains a suite of inquiries to aid readers verify their realizing of many of the thoughts on the finish of every chapter
• offers perception into the sensible importance of those themes in real-world scenarios
• Designed, in constitution and content material, to assist the training method with the goal of creating the ebook important in any respect studying levels
• provides supportive presentation PowerPoint slides and suggestions to help teachers at www.springer.com/978-1-84800-908-0
With contributions through probably the most famous researchers within the box at the present time, this publication might be a useful reference/text to WMNs for researchers and practitioners. additionally, its pedagogical instruments could make it eminently compatible as a textbook for graduate scholars wishing to benefit extra concerning the topic.
WMNs and MANETs
Routing and Channel Assignment
Congestion and shipping Layer Issues
Multi-network Convergence and Scalability
Read Online or Download Guide to Wireless Mesh Networks PDF
Similar networks books
Whole strategies for desktop Networks (4th variation) via Andrew Tanenbaum.
This e-book and its sister quantity acquire refereed papers provided on the seventh Inter- tional Symposium on Neural Networks (ISNN 2010), held in Shanghai, China, June 6-9, 2010. construction at the good fortune of the former six successive ISNN symposiums, ISNN has turn into a well-established sequence of well known and top quality meetings on neural computation and its purposes.
Advances in networking impact many sorts of tracking and keep watch over structures within the so much dramatic means. Sensor community and configuration falls lower than the class of recent networking platforms. instant Sensor community (WSN) has emerged and caters to the necessity for real-world functions. method and layout of WSN represents a extensive study subject with purposes in lots of sectors akin to undefined, domestic, computing, agriculture, setting, and so forth, in keeping with the adoption of basic ideas and the cutting-edge know-how.
- Frame Relay Networks [Signature ed.]
- WiMAX Handbook, 1st Edition
- Corporate Networks und neue Techniken: Proceedings des Telekom-Anwender-Kongress ’94, 1st Edition
- Technological Convergence and Social Networks in Information Management: Second International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World, IMCW 2010, Ankara, Turkey, September 22-24, 2010. Proceedings
- Voice Over IPv6. Architectures for Next Generation VolP Networks
- MPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies (Wiley Series on Communications Networking & Distributed Systems)
Additional info for Guide to Wireless Mesh Networks
New applications include digital home, broadband, and wireless home Internet access, community and neighborhood networking, enterprise networking, metropolitan area networks, building automation, health and medical systems, public safety and security surveillance systems, intelligent transportation systems, emergency and disaster networking, etc. Generally speaking, a WMN is a group of self-organized and self-configured mesh clients and mesh routers interconnected via wireless links (Fig. 1). Mesh clients can be different kinds of user devices with wireless network interface cards (NIC), such as PCs, laptops, PDAs, and mobile phones.
ETX takes into account asymmetry link loss in the two direction of each link and uses the fixed-size probing packets to evaluate df , the forward delivery 24 J. Wang et al. 1 Source Fig. , the probability that the ACK packet is successfully received. Then, the ETX value of each link is equal to 1/(df × dr ). The EXT value of a path is the sum of the link ETX. Instead of choosing the path with minimum hops, the routing algorithm selects the path with the minimum ETX. Let us consider the source and the destination: MR1, MR3, respectively, as shown in Fig.
Agrawal and Qing-An Zeng, Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems, Chapter 13, Brooks/Cole (Thomson Learning), Pacific Grove, CA, ISBN No. 0534-40851-6 32. A. -C. Chiang, G. Pei, M. -W. Chen, Scalable routing strategies for ad hoc wireless networks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on Ad-Hoc Networks, 17(8), 1369–1379, (1999). 33. D. De. Couto, D. Aguayo, J. Bicket, and R. Morris, High-throughput path metric for multihop wireless routing, Proceedings of the Ninth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom), Sep (2003).