Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks by Bang Wang, Minghui Li, Hock Beng Lim, Di Ma, Cheng Fu
By Bang Wang, Minghui Li, Hock Beng Lim, Di Ma, Cheng Fu (auth.), Subhas Chandra Misra, Isaac Woungang, Sudip Misra (eds.)
Wireless conversation applied sciences proceed to suffer swift development. lately, there was a steep progress in learn within the region of instant sensor networks (WSNs).
In WSNs, communique occurs with the aid of spatially dispensed, independent sensor nodes built to experience particular details. WSNs are available in numerous either army and civilian purposes all over the world. Examples comprise detecting enemy intrusion at the battlefield, item monitoring, habitat tracking, sufferer tracking and hearth detection. Sensor networks are rising as an enticing know-how with nice promise for the long run. even if, demanding situations stay to be addressed in concerns in relation to assurance and deployment, scalability, quality-of-service, dimension, computational energy, strength potency and security.
This hugely priceless consultant to instant Sensor Networks offers a entire account of the basic techniques, new rules and ends up in the sector of WSNs. delivering a large insurance of matters, from middle matters to really expert themes, this reader-friendly publication presents a necessary reference for teachers and practitioners alike. With its priceless instructing instruments, it's also an awesome textbook for graduate scholars wishing to benefit extra concerning the topic.
• presents an available, complete assessment of the cutting-edge expertise of instant sensor networks
• bargains a collection of questions on the finish of every bankruptcy to assist readers check their figuring out of many of the concepts
• contains reader-friendly discussions for practitioners, instructions for destiny examine, precious lists of phrases and definitions
• Designed, in constitution and content material, to help the training strategy with the purpose of creating the booklet worthy in any respect studying levels
• provides perception into the sensible value of those subject matters in real-world scenarios
• provides supportive presentation PowerPoint slides and strategies to help teachers at www.springer.com/978-1-84882-217-7
Prof. Sudip Misra is a well known specialist within the box of laptop networks and is at present operating for the varsity of knowledge expertise on the Indian Institute of expertise Kharagpur. With contributions by means of essentially the most widespread researchers within the box at the present time, this booklet should be a useful resource of reference for researchers and practitioners within the box of desktop networking. Its pedagogical aids extra expand its software in academia.
• power Efficiency
• delivery Control
• caliber of Service
Read or Download Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks PDF
Best networks books
Entire ideas for desktop Networks (4th version) by means of Andrew Tanenbaum.
This publication and its sister quantity gather refereed papers offered on the seventh Inter- tional Symposium on Neural Networks (ISNN 2010), held in Shanghai, China, June 6-9, 2010. construction at the luck of the former six successive ISNN symposiums, ISNN has develop into a well-established sequence of renowned and high quality meetings on neural computation and its functions.
Advances in networking impression many sorts of tracking and keep an eye on structures within the so much dramatic method. Sensor community and configuration falls less than the class of recent networking structures. instant Sensor community (WSN) has emerged and caters to the necessity for real-world purposes. method and layout of WSN represents a vast learn subject with purposes in lots of sectors akin to undefined, domestic, computing, agriculture, surroundings, and so forth, in keeping with the adoption of basic rules and the cutting-edge know-how.
- Advances in Wireless, Mobile Networks and Applications: International Conferences, WiMoA 2011 and ICCSEA 2011, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 25-27, 2011. Proceedings
- Computational Modeling of Signaling Networks
- Artificial Neural Networks – ICANN 2007: 17th International Conference, Porto, Portugal, September 9-13, 2007, Proceedings, Part II
- Learning, Networks and Statistics
- Dynamical Networks in Physics and Biology: At the Frontier of Physics and Biology Les Houches Workshop, March 17–21, 1997
Additional info for Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks
If a white node receives the topology request packet from a black node, then the white node becomes grey. If a white node receives the topology request packet from a grey node, then it waits a random amount of time. If this node receives the topology request packet from a black node before the time expires, it becomes grey; otherwise, it becomes black. After a node turns grey or black it will ignore all future topology request packets it receives. All black nodes become cluster heads and will report its neighborhood set back to the monitoring node.
Suppose that Â 2 Œ U; U , the additive noises wi s are identical and independent random variables with zero mean and support in Œ U; U . 7. 24). 8. 26) for statistically independent features. 9. An example of using weighted majority voting for classification fusion. 1; 0/. 0:2; 0:4; 0:3; 0:5; 0:1/‹ 10. Give examples to show that a cross-layer networking protocol design takes the application requirement and information processing into consideration. References 1. I. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam and E.
Reich and F. Zhao, “Collaborative in-network processing for target tracking,” EURASIPJornal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2003, no. 4, pp. 378–391, 2003. 37. F. Zhao, J. Liu, J. Liu, L. Guibas and J. Reich, “Collaborative signal and information processing: an information-directed approach,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 1199–1209, 2003. 38. D. P. Bertsekas and R. G. Gallager, Data Networks (2nd Edition), Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA, 1992. 39. Y. Sung, L.