Human Cell Culture: Cancer Cell Lines Part 2 by Anne P. Wilson, Chris M. Garner (auth.), John R. W. Masters,
By Anne P. Wilson, Chris M. Garner (auth.), John R. W. Masters, Bernhard Palsson (eds.)
Continuous cellphone traces derived from human cancers are the mostwidely used source in laboratory-based melanoma examine. the 1st three volumes of this sequence on Human cellphone tradition are dedicated to those melanoma cellphone strains. The chapters in those first three volumes have a standard objective. Their function is to handle three questions offundamental significance to the relevanceof human melanoma mobilephone strains as version structures of every kind of melanoma: 1. Do the mobilephone strains to be had properly signify the scientific presentation? 2. Do the mobilephone strains correctly characterize the histopathology of the unique tumors? three. Do the phone traces safely symbolize the molecular genetics of this kind of melanoma? The melanoma phone traces on hand are derived, usually, from the extra competitive and complex cancers. There are few mobilephone strains derived from low grade organ-confined cancers. This hole may be packed with conditionally immortalized human melanoma mobile traces. we don't comprehend why the luck fee for setting up mobilephone strains is so low for a few forms of melanoma and so excessive for others. The histopathology of the tumor of beginning and the level to which the derived mobilephone line keeps the differentiated positive factors of that tumor are severe. the idea that a unmarried phone line derived from a tumor at a selected website is consultant oftumors at that website is naïve and misleading.
Read or Download Human Cell Culture: Cancer Cell Lines Part 2 PDF
Similar cancer books
This ahead taking a look melanoma biology publication appeals to a panoramic viewers. Introductory chapters that supply the molecular, mobile, and genetic details had to understand the fabric of the next chapters deliver unprepared scholars up to the mark for the remainder of the publication and function an invaluable refresher for people with prior biology historical past.
This consultant is for breast melanoma sufferers, their spouses and youngsters, and their households, co-workers, and acquaintances. the writer hopes to respond to the sensible, lifestyle questions that each breast melanoma sufferer or family member has. The ebook offers info, options, suggestions, and suggestion for every little thing from that first biopsy to the five-year check-up.
Gastrointestinal melanoma contains melanoma of the digestive approach - the esophagus, colon, rectum, anus, liver, pancreas, and different digestive organs. Taken as an entire, there are an expected 250,600 new circumstances within the US. Colon and rectum melanoma is the 3rd best reason for melanoma and melanoma deaths within the US.
A severe assessment our present figuring out of camptothecins, their shortcomings, and of the probabilities for making improvements to their medical functionality. The authors talk about new camptothecin analog improvement, drug supply matters for optimizing their anticancer job, and their power use in numerous diverse cancers.
- Adjuvant Therapies of Cancer
- Mechanisms in B-Cell Neoplasia 1990: Workshop at the National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health Bethesda, MD, USA, March 28–30,1990
- Breast Cancer: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Minimally invasive cancer management
Additional info for Human Cell Culture: Cancer Cell Lines Part 2
138. 139. 140. 141. 142. 143. 144. 145. 146. 147. 148. 149. 150. 151. 152. 153. 154. 155. 156. 157. 158. 159. 160. 161. 162. 163. 164. 165. Wilson and Gamer Gamboa G et al. Gynecologic Oncology 58: 336, 1995. Cannistra SA et al. Cancer Research 53: 3830, 1993. Golombick T et al. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol 26: 447, 1990. King BL et al. American Journal of Pathology 140: 23, 1992. Williams, C, British Medical Journal 304: 1501, 1992. Parmley TH et al. Am J Obstet Gyn 120: 234, 1974. Fox H & Langley FA, In Tumors of the Ovary William Heinemann, 1976.
Doubling time 70 hours Epithelial-like monolayer Epithelial Poorly differentiated cystadenocarcinoma Nk Well differentiated serous adenocarcinoma Poorly differentiated cystadenocarcinoma SRO-82 SW 626 T222 TO14 TR 170 SR8 SKOV3 Poorly differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma in nude mice. SC/Solid with muscle invasion. IP/Ascites and multiple tumor deposits in abdomen, liver, diaphragm, mesentery and liver parenchyma Nk Well differentiated papillary adenocarcinoma in nude mice Nk Nk Solid adenocarcinomas in nude mice.
189. 190. 191. 192. 193. 194. 195. 196. 197. 198. 199. 200. 201. 202. 203. 204. 205. 206. 207. 208. 209. 210. 211. 2 12. 213. 214. 53 DiSimone N et al. Endocrinology 137: 486, 1996. Hamilton TC et al Seminars in Oncology 11: 285, 1984. Louie KG et al. CancerResearch 45: 2110, 1985. Kijima T et al. Anticancer Research 14: 799, 1994. Niimi S et al. Cancer Research 52: 328, 1992. Kikuchi Y e t al. Japanese Journal of CancerResearch 88: 213, 1997. Kikuchi Y et al. J Natl CancerInst 77: 1181, 1986. Misawa T et al.