Optimal Control Applications in Electric Power Systems by G.S. Christensen, M.E. El-Hawary, S.A. Soliman
By G.S. Christensen, M.E. El-Hawary, S.A. Soliman
Significant advances within the box of optimum keep an eye on were remodeled the earlier few a long time. those advances were good documented in several effective courses, and feature stimulated a few options in electrical strength process engineering, yet they've got now not but been accrued in e-book shape. Our goal in scripting this publication is to supply an outline of a few of the purposes of optimum keep an eye on options to sensible energy method difficulties. The publication is designed for complicated undergraduate classes in electrical strength structures, in addition to graduate classes in electric engineering, utilized arithmetic, and commercial engineering. it's also meant as a self-study relief for working towards team of workers curious about the making plans and operation of electrical energy structures for utilities, brands, and consulting and govt regulatory organisations. The ebook comprises seven chapters. It starts with an introductory bankruptcy that in brief studies the heritage of optimum regulate and its energy approach purposes and in addition offers an summary of the textual content. the second one bankruptcy is entitled "Some optimum regulate Techniques"; its rationale is to introduce basic strategies of optimum keep an eye on idea which are proper to the purposes taken care of within the following chapters. Emphasis is given to transparent, methodical improvement instead of rigorous formal proofs. issues mentioned comprise variational calculus, Pontryagin's greatest precept, and geometric tools utilising useful research. a couple of solved examples are integrated to demonstrate the techniques.
Read Online or Download Optimal Control Applications in Electric Power Systems PDF
Similar control systems books
Power trade is a big beginning of the dynamics of actual platforms, and, consequently, within the research of complicated multi-domain platforms, methodologies that explicitly describe the topology of strength exchanges are instrumental in structuring the modeling and the computation of the system's dynamics and its keep watch over.
In an period of in depth festival the place plant working efficiencies needs to be maximized, downtime as a result of equipment failure has develop into extra expensive. to chop working expenditures and raise sales, industries have an pressing have to are expecting fault development and last lifespan of business machines, procedures, and platforms.
That includes a model-based method of fault detection and prognosis in engineering structures, this ebook includes updated, functional info on combating product deterioration, functionality degradation and significant equipment harm. ;College or college bookstores could order 5 or extra copies at a unique scholar cost.
- Mathematical Control Theory: Deterministic Finite Dimensional Systems (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- Modern Control Systems (12th Edition)
- Analog and Digital Control System Design
Extra resources for Optimal Control Applications in Electric Power Systems
A Successive Approximation Solution The hydrothermal optimal load flow problem can be solved using a successive approximation algorithm developed by El-Hawary, Rao, and Christensen (Ref. 18). 4a) for the slack bus (i = 1) is not incorporated directly into the optimization Chapter 3 28 process. 11) is obtained. The concrete form of optimality conditions is given as follows: At the thermal generation buses, we have Pi + 2'YiPgi - Api - 0, i = 2, ... , N. 14) At the hydrogeneration buses, we have lIi(P; + 2'Y;Pg;} - Ap; = 0, i = N.
15. 993 were obtained. 582. 16 lists the error measures for each iteration. A data area for 24 hr of 44M was required. 9. 30-Bus IEEE-AEP System, Optimal Solution Angle lJ (rad) Bus No. 9 (continued) Bus No. 10. 11. 11. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 000 X X 10-9 10-8 51 Dynamic Optimal Load Flow 37-Bus System Convergence in six iterations with subsequent voltage control release at three buses resulted in optimal solution in five iterations. 785 were obtained. 113. 18 shows the error measure variation with iterations.
6. , "Contribution a l'etude du Dispatching Economique," BulL Soc. Fr. Elec. Ser. B 3, 431-447 (1962). 7. SUN, D. , and TINNEY, W. , "Optimal Power Flow by Newton Approach," IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst. 103(10),2864-2880 (1984). 8. BURCHETT, R. , HAPP, H. , PALMER, R. , and VIERATH, D. , "Quadratically Convergent Optimal Power Flow," IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst. 103(11), 3267-3275 (1984). 9. EL-KADY, M. , BELL, B. , CARVALHO, V. , BURCHETT, R. , HAPP, H. , and VIERATH, D. , "Assessment of Real Time Optimal Voltage Control," Paper 85-SM-4890,1985 Summer Power Meeting, Vancouver.