Oracle DBA Checklists Pocket Reference by Quest Software
By Quest Software
Oracle database management is a fancy and annoying activity. In a chain of easy-to-use checklists, this concise pocket reference summarizes the large variety of initiatives an Oracle DBA needs to practice. each one part takes a step by step "cookbook" method of proposing DBA quick-reference fabric. The publication is split into 3 significant sections masking the 3 major parts of an Oracle DBA's duties: database administration, deploy and configuration, and community administration. This book's quick-reference, step by step procedure takes the strain out of DBA challenge fixing via making it effortless to discover the knowledge you need--and locate it quick.
Read Online or Download Oracle DBA Checklists Pocket Reference PDF
Best oracle books
За последние 10 лет книга Oracle PL/SQL Programming издательства O'Reilly's стала бестселлером среди книг по PL/SQL, процедурному языку базы данных Oracle. Снабженная примерами и полезными рекомендациями книнга является незаменимой как новичкам, так и гуру, как разработчикам на Oracle kinds, так и администраторам - используйте PL/SQL на полную мощь.
Grasp Oracle Streams 11g Replication allow real-time details entry and information sharing throughout your disbursed framework utilizing the specialist details during this Oracle Press advisor. Oracle Streams 11g information Replication explains the way to arrange and administer a unified firm facts sharing infrastructure.
Oracle software convey four Recipes offers an example-based method of studying program show - the ground-breaking, swift program improvement platform incorporated with each Oracle Database license. The recipes layout is perfect for the quick-study who simply wishes a very good instance or to kick begin their considering and get pointed within the correct course.
- OCA Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Performance Troubleshooting: With Dictionary Internals SQL & Tuning Scripts (Oracle In-Focus series)
- Data Science Using Oracle Data Miner and Oracle R Enterprise: Transform Your Business Systems into an Analytical Powerhouse
- OCA Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I: A Real World Certification Guide (1ZO-051)
- Oracle DBA SQL Quick Reference (Prentice Hall PTR Oracle Series)
- Oracle Database 10g Database Administrator OCP Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the Oracle Database 10g Database ... on Your First Try Certification Study Guide
Additional info for Oracle DBA Checklists Pocket Reference
COM))) If you are using LDAP for name resolution, you can use the Net8 Assistant to verify the net service name’s definition. 5. Verify that the remote listener is up and running. Connect to the remote server as the Oracle software owner, and issue the following command: lsnrctl STATUS LISTENER If your listener name is not LISTENER, replace that name with the correct listener name for your environment. ora file. 6. Verify that the remote database is open. Log on to the server, and connect to the database using SQL*Plus.
35. Add a second rollback segment. Once the instance is created and operational, add a second rollback segment using the procedure in the Oracle8i Administrator’s Guide for your system. ORA file with the name of the new rollback segment as its parameter. Restart the instance. 36. Change the default passwords. The default passwords assigned during startup are: - For the INTERNAL user (the ID used to start up the databases): “oracle” - For the SYS user: “change_on_install” - For the SYSTEM user: “manager” Change these passwords as soon as possible; if you don’t, you will be leaving a significant security hole in your database.
Once all products are loaded, you can begin building them. Build the following products first: - The RDBMS - Net8 (Net8 is used by virtually all the products; it will link most of them for you) - After the RDBMS and Net8, any tools not linked by the Net8 build 27. Create an instance. Once all the products have been built successfully, use ORACLEINS to create an instance by selecting the Instance Creation, Startup, and Shutdown Menu. 28. Create the database name. From the Instance Creation, Startup, and Shutdown Menu, select the “Create a New Instance and Database”option.