Oracle Essbase 11 Development Cookbook by Jose R. Ruiz
By Jose R. Ruiz
Over ninety complex improvement recipes to construct and take your Oracle Essbase functions additional with this Oracle Essbase
* This booklet and ebook gives you the instruments had to effectively construct and set up your Essbase application.
* comprises the key elements that must be thought of whilst designing an Essbase application.
* This ebook can be utilized to construct calculations, layout method automation, upload protection, combine facts, and file off an Essbase cube.
Oracle Essbase is a Multi-Dimensional on-line Analytical Processing (OLAP) server, offering a wealthy setting for successfully constructing customized analytic and company functionality administration purposes. Oracle Essbase permits company clients to quick version advanced enterprise situations.
This useful cookbook indicates you the complex improvement recommendations whilst development Essbase purposes and the way to take those purposes extra.
Packed with over ninety task-based and instantly reusable recipes, this publication starts off through exhibiting you the way to exploit a relational facts version to construct and cargo an Essbase dice and the way to create a knowledge resource, arrange the mini schema, and paintings with the knowledge parts in Essbase Studio. The booklet then dives into themes resembling development the BSO dice, construction the ASO dice, utilizing EAS for improvement, growing Calculation Scripts and utilizing MaxL to automate procedures.
What you'll examine from this book
* layout parts of a knowledge Mart to exploit as information resource, hold meta-data, and help drill-through reporting.
* Setup an information resource and Minischema in Essbase Studio in order that metadata parts might be manipulated and hierarchies built.
* Create an Essbase version, dice Schema, drill-through file, and install either a Block garage (BSO) and mixture garage (ASO) application.
* Use Essbase management companies (EAS) to create functions, create and use substitution variables, and upload complicated define formulation in either the Block garage (BSO) and combination garage (ASO) models.
* Create measurement construct principles, flat dossier load principles, and SQL load rules.
* Create complicated calculations utilizing the Calculation Script Editor, optimize a dice for calculations, and run allocation calculations off an combination garage database.
* Automate methods through MaxL scripts and combine facts among Essbase databases and to relational databases
* layout powerful safety and construct dynamic reports
This cookbook is stuffed with instantly useable recipes exhibiting you the complex improvement suggestions whilst development Essbase functions and the way to take those purposes additional.
This cookbook deals sensible, task-based, and instantly usable recipes protecting quite a lot of complex improvement ideas to construct Essbase functions and take them extra. as well as its cookbook type, which guarantees the options are awarded in a transparent step by step demeanour, its motives move into nice element, which makes it reliable studying fabric for everybody who has event in Essbase and needs to enhance. The publication is designed in this sort of method that you should both learn it bankruptcy by way of bankruptcy or seek advice from recipes that you really want in no specific order.
Who this ebook is written for
If you're an skilled Essbase developer, Essbase Database dressmaker or Database Administrator, then this e-book is for you. This e-book assumes that you've got stable wisdom of Oracle Essbase.
Read or Download Oracle Essbase 11 Development Cookbook PDF
Similar oracle books
За последние 10 лет книга Oracle PL/SQL Programming издательства O'Reilly's стала бестселлером среди книг по PL/SQL, процедурному языку базы данных Oracle. Снабженная примерами и полезными рекомендациями книнга является незаменимой как новичкам, так и гуру, как разработчикам на Oracle kinds, так и администраторам - используйте PL/SQL на полную мощь.
Grasp Oracle Streams 11g Replication let real-time details entry and knowledge sharing throughout your dispensed framework utilizing the specialist info during this Oracle Press consultant. Oracle Streams 11g information Replication explains tips on how to manage and administer a unified firm info sharing infrastructure.
Oracle program show four Recipes presents an example-based method of studying program exhibit - the ground-breaking, fast software improvement platform incorporated with each Oracle Database license. The recipes structure is perfect for the quick-study who simply desires a very good instance or to kick begin their considering and get pointed within the correct path.
- Expert Oracle and Java Security: Programming Secure Oracle Database Applications With Java
- Troubleshooting Oracle Performance
- Oracle Database Principles
- Beginning PHP and Oracle: From Novice to Professional , 1st Edition
Additional info for Oracle Essbase 11 Development Cookbook
Depending on which system I use, this table has between one record and four million records and varies in size from 200MB to 800MB. In all cases, the table structure is the same. To create BIG_TABLE, I wrote a script that does the following: • Creates an empty table based on ALL_OBJECTS. This dictionary view is used to populate the BIG_TABLE. • Makes this table NOLOGGING. This is optional. I did it for performance. Using NOLOGGING mode for a test table is safe; you won't use it in a production system, so features like Oracle Data Guard will not be enabled.
To build the BIG_TABLE table, you can run the following script at the SQL*Plus prompt and pass in the number of rows you want in the table. The script will stop when it hits that number of rows. gather_table_stats( user, 'BIG_TABLE', estimate_percent=> 1); I estimated baseline statistics on the table. The index associated with the primary key will have statistics computed automatically when it is created. Coding Conventions The one coding convention I use in this book that I would like to point out is how I name variables in PL/SQL code.
0! It was all they had to work with, but this did not seem to concern them at all. Never mind the fact that the tool they really needed to know about for tracing and tuning didn’t really exist in version 6. Never mind the fact that features such as triggers, stored procedures, and many hundreds of others had been added in the five years since that documentation was written. It was very easy to determine why they needed help—fixing their problems was another issue all together. ■ Note Even today, I often find that the developers of database applications have spent no time reading the documentation.